Saturday, October 2, 2010

Adaptive Housing Grants for Veterans

Seal of the United States Department of Vetera...Image via Wikipedia     If you are a veteran the US Department of Veteran Affairs has available a Special Adaptive Housing Program to remodel your home to make it accessible for you.  Veterans and service members who have service acquired disabilities may be qualified to receive a grant for construction ,or for the remodel of their existing residence to meet their special needs.  This grant is designed to provide a barrier-free living environment in order for the recipients to enjoy an independent lifestyle that they may not otherwise be capable of acquiring due to disability encumbered during their service.
     There are 2 grant facts sheet that provide
all the specifics of these grants.
1. Grant Fact Sheet A
2. Grant Fact Sheet B
     The VA website has all of the forms, phone numbers, and information available and easy
to locate.  The site is complete with videos of the possible construction and improvements.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails


Share your links easily.